Information for Patients
If you wish to use the DCTT to help fund your HBOT treatments, please ensure you suit the listed criteria first.
If you fall into one of the categories then you can contact us to discuss funding your treatment, however you must have:
Both must be in agreement that HBOT is warranted
- Been initially referred to a chamber by your consultant in charge of your medical condition that may need HBOT
- Been seen and assessed by a doctor who will be in charge of your treatment at your local diving chamber
The DCTT will fund your treatment:
- If the PCT is taking too long to decide to fund you or won't at all
- Your private health cover refuses to pay
- You cannot cover your own treatment costs
The diving chamber doctor will contact us directly but you can as well if there are any issues you need clarifying, by completing the contact form.
When we contact you after the diving doctor's referral to us for help with your funding, you may be asked some or all of the following:
- What your medical issue is
- How long you have had it
- How it affects your life
- How it affects those close to you
- What would happen if you did not have HBOT
- What you hope to gain from HBOT
- What concerns you have about HBOT
- What you understand by the process of having HBOT
- What your GP or PCT says about NHS funding
- Any private health insurance cover details
- Your current financial status
- Your commitment to the treatment process once you have started
When we have agreed to fund your HBOT we will contact:
at the same time with our written agreement to fund.
- Your initial referring doctor
- The diving chamber doctor
Once you have received that please contact the diving chamber doctor as to when to start treatment.